Wednesday, March 25, 2009

If there is a God, why doesn't he take me?

It's a question anyone may cry out in the dark of sorrow or grief that feels too deep to survive. It's not a question that can really be answered, except in your own heart.

The answer, for me, was "Because somebody here still needs you".

It isn't a matter of me being "good" enough to go home or a matter of the days here being promised to me as "easy". It's that, because I love and care, even through my own hurts, there is one who will need the loving care only I can give them.

Maybe I will have to get through today and many tomorrows to see who it is and how I may help them, but me being on the planet is going to be exactly what someone needs one day.

Maybe I will be standing in just the right spot at just the right time and meet just the right person to change negative to positive. It might be as simple as taking a tree branch out of the road after a storm and preventing an accident or as dramatic as going into a burning building to get someone out. I don't know. I can't know what all the tomorrows will bring.

I do know that when I read, "If you want to know if your job here is done, check and see if you are still breathing." - I knew it for a true statement. I'm still here, still breathing. Still needed.

It's hard to see what point there is to our lives sometimes. Many times there seems to be no point at all. But while you are here what we do, even all alone, affects us all.

And for one person somewhere, sometime, I may be the only one who can do what needs to be done just the way only I would do it.

So for those of you wandering around wondering why you can't get a ticket home - Hang on.

Somebody needs you.

2 comments:

Fred said...

Very well done. I totally agree...we're here for a reason. It took me 44 years to figure it out. I walked away from the corporate world to try and inspire young people to reach higher. But, I go to church every week to see if there's even more that I should do.

Hope all is well. I need to go back and read some of the posts I missed.

Miss T. Crane-Neeham said...

That will take you awhile, my friend... I have been writing in this mode for about two years or better. I gathered up most of it here.

I don't post it on the other blog because no one seemed interested in spiritual thoughts, so if you think you read it before it was probably over there.

I am so glad you followed me over.

This post kind of goes with the one below it, on the women in Jesus' begats...they are not an impressive bunch and some of them had terrible times, like Ruth. But they were needed so the human part of the Christ was "just so".

I may never know what I did here that was important in the "real" plan, I only know something that each of us does, only we can do...

Hugs!!