Monday, December 17, 2007

I live because He lives

On my way to work today I was driving through a fog. I saw some beautiful scenes, magic fir trees, the sun on the fog lighting it unusual ways, the views were stunning.

I asked God, as I often do, to sing for me. I asked that it be in reference to something important to me. I reached for the radio and ran the volumn up just as the sun went orange-red and shot that light through the fog behind the branches of a small stand of trees on a hill.

I can't tell you the radio station, I can't tell you the exact time of day - what I am going to tell you is that the Creator lives and is with you and me still, right now today.

The music that came out of the radio was an instrumental part, I had some trouble catching the first few words and then the station came clear. I heard, "For God, love and rock and roll" jamming out of the radio.

As I sang along and cried at the same time I knew someone would say that what happened is just coincidence - you will never prove it to me.

I needed to remember the joy of loving and living is ours as a gift. I needed to remember to say thank you again for all I have been given. But most of all I needed to know that there is always one who loves us, even if He is invisible from here. That gift was given to me again this morning.

And if God lives, then Jesus lives and my mate lives and I will not die either. Neither will you.

I was talking to my mother and she said, "I didn't even expect you to stay here after your mate died, much less that you would love again."

I had to tell her, "I couldn't have lived if the mate died, Mom. I live because he lives."

Jesus gave us that gift by not being dead for forty days to show us He told us the truth.

God loves us - we do not die. Why do those that say they believe in Him still think that we will?

Grief of separation is real. It hurts. It is a pain that can be gotten over if we believe we will catch up with them later. It is only for a little while and we will be with all those we love in a way we couldn't be here.

Thinking you will never see one you love ever again or that you go alone into that mystery that is death of the body is a terrible way to feel, at least, to me. I wish I could lift that fear and hurt from any one that thinks it is a truth.

I can't see anyway to change anyone's mind or heart about it except to live what I believe. To show people there is joy and love in life to be grown and nourished still as a treasure for those coming behind me.

To show the kids that to live is to love and to be glad for all the love in our lives I can't just say words. I have to stay here to show that is what I believe. I love them, until He calls me home, I'm staying here to love with them as long as I am allowed.

I live. I seek to give and recieve love. I have fun and joy in my days. Some will think I must be nuts or that I didn't love my partner the way they thought I did. They are wrong.

I just don't believe that loving stops because the one you loved with is not here in our way of seeing "here". I believe all that love me are alive and love me still. They know that I will be there with them, later.

I believe you do not die. I believe you change. I believe you will find this truth yourself when it is your time to pass through the veil of life here to life there.

I believe love is the purpose of life. Living it lovingly and joyfully and helping others do the same is working with the living God of Love. I say, "may your kingdom come," and add "soon" as I see the sad, hurt world around me.

I do what I can to be more loving and caring, as He leads me. He will take care of the rest of it His way. I don't know the plan but I know I will be around to see the end of the story. I believe you can all see it with me.

No comments: