Monday, July 21, 2008

Grace

Grace. I can not explain it well. It must be experienced by each one.

Love without conditions or restrictions. Divine forgiveness. The healing of a soul's heart. The gift of joy in living again as you were made to be. To leave the hurts, shames and hates of this life time with Him. Your life's experiences no longer marring your behavior or perceptions. Changed. Clean. Fresh again. Remade.

He can take a memory in your heart and not change the way it happened but change the way you see it and change the results of that event so it works now for the good of His plan.


It is His gift to us - knowing that not only are we loved just as we are but so is each one of us. We are all loved.


A friend said, "I still remember my life and the things I did that I saw as wrong. I carry them in a different aspect now. They don't hurt me anymore."


I said He gave me a way to see things so I could better understand and forgive, not just the others in my life, but even myself.

We both meant that we were forgiven and forgave ourselves, our lives were ours again to live in joy, not shame, happiness, not despair.

The feeling fades and returns. I can't always hang on to the grace. It's there every time I reach for it and never fails to heal my heart.

As you are, you are loved.

No comments: