Saturday, February 2, 2008

Love does not have a body

Love is never separated as our spirits don't die. The separation we feel is only how we see it from here. It seems like something is gone when a body stops functioning. That "something" is not gone, I don't believe. We just can't see what it became. We are not built to see it as we are now.

We can learn that, though miles lay between us, we are still connected in a way we don't understand. Miles between two that care for each other do not change the way their hearts are joined. It only removes the presence of the body we associate with them. That body may get thin or fat or bald or shorter over the years. The friend contained within it is always our friend.

Here, the distance that can't be hugged over and the time spent apart, the separation of bodies that hold two loving friends is accepted as just part of life. I say to my friend across the nation from me, "I'm glad you are still on the planet." However far away, they are still they are available to me as we are taught to see it.

We are not taught to understand the invisible things in and around us. We are not taught to see each spirit that loves us always will. Forever is not just a word we say, it is the place we will meet together in joy and love. Once we are changed, too, we will see them again in a way we can't here.

Death of the body removes the part we can see with the eyes of our body. It removes the part we can hug with the arms of our body. It can not take the part that we love and loves us. The spirit lives on and loves on.

The place they are we can not go to see them in our body. I can get on a plane and be any place I have a friend is less than a day on the planet. To visit the ones I know that are gone ahead of me I have to go with my spirit in prayer. I can visit and love with them that way. It is not as satisfying here as a hug to this body would be. It is a way I can see they live on and that has comforted me.

There is only one way I can join the friends on the far shore and I can only do it once. It requires leaving all I love here behind. They don't seem ready to let go of me yet and I stay to show them I care. I will not abandon them, but I will go with joy when it's my turn. I am not leaving them, however they see it. I am only invisible and seem gone. That is where they have to have faith, to trust the words in the book and the words I leave behind me.

If they can't believe in Jesus first, perhaps they will take my words that point to Him and follow me there someday.

The time I have here is so short, I will treasure all of it. I want to share with others the peace in my heart at knowing we do not die, we live. I want that firm in my children's hearts and minds. Not to comfort them when I am "dead", to make showing them we live easier for the one that can teach them of it. He is invisible, too.

Jesus spent forty days being "not dead" in a way no other has done since. I have seen my loved ones with my spirit in my prayers. Not as the bodies I knew here but as I see them in my heart. You may not see them in bodies you know, but you will know it is them.

To reach for Jesus in prayer and be with him in my heart takes my spirit to a place I know they all live on in love. I can't get there every time I pray, it needs a boost of power to get me there. I believe it is God's loving power, invisible, the Holy Spirit, some call it. That gets me where I stand with those I love and love Him with them.

Each of us has a spirit that can learn of itself as real. How to teach of it where it has been ignored so much is a puzzle for me. None of what I am saying is new. It's not even original, probably. It's just feels like I am discovering something new. No one taught me this.

At church they said I had a soul that could go to hell because it was not perfect and never could be. I could never be a good enough person here to deserve Heaven when I died. I was born a sinner. It was all so confusing as a child. I knew I was a good girl. I knew it's what I wanted to be.

I see it a different way now. Call it spirit or soul, the part of me that won't die can only be perfect by God's love in me becoming, in it's small way, like Him. It's a gift He gave us in Jesus, one who knew the way home. One who knew the things that hurt a spirit here and was given the gift to heal them. He graced me with the gift of His love. I try to learn to love Him as He wishes.

Seeking to fulfill our bodies needs with no thought of how our actions affect the ones around us is selfish greed and walking blindly if we think it makes no difference. When we hurt another or put negative intentions into the invisible life around us it affects all that we are here with and ourselves. Some call that Karma.

We do not know our power. We use it ignorant of it's workings. It's like a child not knowing what a hand grenade is and pulling out the pin as I watch. I can save them if I yell "throw it FAR - NOW!", and they do. But someone is going to get hurt where ever it lands.

The hurts we do each other, the curses we spew without thought, the anger and the hate between us is not the power of love. It is a power in life and living that we have available to us. The real power is to love and live in joy and pass that greater power between us.

The love between two spirits bonds them in a very real way forever. You can not ever lose love that is between you, even when the body is gone. The power that God gives us is that power of love. Not just between two bodies or two hearts but the kind that touches your soul.

It's when that power is turned toward selfish need that it fails and becomes "not love" here. Even losing a friend to a disagreement hurts a spirit. To keep love right between you and all you know is impossible for humans. It requires two to always work out the differences, not just get mad and leave or give up and ignore them. It takes Him to mend it when it's a wound to the spirit, His love to heal your heart and His love to heal theirs. We can not always do it for each other. The hurt goes beyond our power to fix. He always will repair it in both hearts if you ask.

I have friends across the void we see as "death of the body". I am working out my differences in perception with Jesus. He showed us all we live, we don't die. He showed us the love in each can be the power that guides us to grow. He shows me that those I love live on and that I am loved and love them still.

I have the advantage of dying and being sent back once. But even that I doubted my ability to know. I have come to accept it as the truth it seems to me. The reality of it in my life makes it easier to see that things not visible here are still real as we define it. God is as real to my spirit as cold and wet and sunburn are to my body.

I know the love that is life in us is our gift from God to be treasured and brought back to Him when we are done in this body. I can not grieve losing steak and hamburger as long as I keep the love it contained that is the unique self I was created as and shared with those I knew here.

The love between my friend and me was good. I know it's good today. I know he is glad I am there for the one he loves, he let me know it. The one I loved so many years still reaches to stop my tears of sadness.

The love we shared keeps our connection working over the distance I feel between us. I said, "Darn it, another one gone!" He said, "Wow, another friend is HERE!" I knew his joy at the reunion was real and I won't pout as they get their turn together there. We had a turn here with them both and will catch up with all those we love later. The fire of love will always hold the circle of friends that seek it.

My father loves me better now than he did when he was here. A spirit has an easier time expressing love than a man can with the social restrictions and behavior rules. I love him better, too. My heart is carried by the ones that love me there, and the ones here with me, together.

All that lives and all that love are connected through the great Alive and Love that is God. I am never separated from those I love. I just can't see them. It doesn't matter if it is miles between bodies or the mystery of changing to spirit, the love between us is real and never leaves us.

That is why I reverance Jesus. His was the first story of life forever because God sent Him to show us. We are each a divine, loving spirit. Down here we don't learn to show it. We hide it away for fear of hurt to ourselves. He never did that.

When I try to love like Him I try to remember to take all my hurts to God. I don't dump them on the humans that may have brought them to me. I know they don't understand the hurt to a love between us is a hurt forever - unless He touches it for me to heal it.

I just don't know how to show someone God that can't see Him in all that is here of life. I don't know how to show someone their spirit is real or that one that seems gone still lives.

Jesus didn't have a lot of luck with it either. So many still don't see the truths in what he said to us of love and forever and the living, loving God that cherishes all life and love. I can't do any better than He did as a body. I give those I love to Him in my heart and pray He touches them with His spirit to teach them as He is teaching me. I live as I believe is right.

I can say, "I love you forever" because He gave me the truth in it. When the mate died I thought forever had come and I would never love again. It has, for him now, but I am still in time and I am not there yet. When it is forever for me, I know I will love you still if I love you now. I still live on and I love still here. If I have another to share it with me I leave up to Him.

This seems beyond misty today. It seems convoluted instead of straight. It feels so easy to me and I know there are those who will think I popped my cork. I know that it's in tight again. This is just the way I see it now and it changes as I grow.

I wanted to comfort the sad hearts around me and know I have to leave it to Him. I can't make the connection for them. I can only show them I am here and functioning and loving again. In guilty joy I snatched the sight of a hawk as I went to town last evening. I was still here to see the beauty of it. I was looking for that as I drove, the beauty in my world.

I know my friends are walking in the dark of sad hearts and spirits and may not see it for a while and when they do they may resent the world for shining on when their loved one is gone. I pray for their comforter to come and the healing to be completed quickly.

I think it is the social rules of grief that make us fear to live and love again. Men think you should be broken forever when you lose a good love. I had a friend that got me to where I could be mended. I see the beauty, even in the loss of my friends. Still, I miss the body of them.

I will reach out for hugs from others but the ones that hugged me in friendship and love that are gone only hug me in spirit now. No other hugged me just like they did. They will be missed as living humans as long as we live.

While I live I love. There are others I love here. I can't replace a friend. They are each unique. But I can love with others who have caring hearts and are still here with me.

The comfort is that I will be a spirit, like them gone ahead, and the hugs will come again in a way I can see them there. When I join them they will be glad to see me and I will be glad to see them. The joy will be real. The love waiting for me will not fade with time passed here. It grows, as love always does.

Love does not have a body here. Show me a picture of it. Tell me it isn't real. Then tell me there is no God.

You can show me a photo of a loving action between two humans, you can't show me the love that made them do it. You can show me the picture of the place you first found love, you can't show me the love in that place. It's in you and the one you shared it with, not a place I can get it, too.

The love is in you and the love is in them and that joins your lives forever. His love is in Him and is in you and He wants all His loves together in Him, I think. I want all of mine with me someday. It won't happen here. My loves are out there all over the place and I don't stand a chance of a day they all love me and each other here. It can only happen in forever.

Like one grows taller faster than others or one learns slower, we all are brought to understand Him at our own pace and in His plan. We are all different in the way we love and come to Him.

No comments: