Saturday, February 9, 2008

When I pray

When I have prayed, "I ask it in Jesus name, may Your will be done", I have added it like a post script, as a way I was taught to pray by others. It left it all up to Him if my prayer was answered or not and took me out of the equation.

If the prayer was not answered then it must be His will and plan did not include what I saw as needed in my love of others here.

What does it mean to Him when I pray, "Your will be done?" Why did it seem like I could not know what His will is, that I could not know what he wants? I try to keep my will in line with His as I understand it. I want to do what He needs of me. I have submitted to His love and guidance. I don't always see it the way He does but I have learned to trust Him.

It has come to me that to say I do not know God's will is like saying I was ignorant of my father's will in this life. I started out ignorant of what my father expected from me. I learned as I grew that there were things that were in his will and things that were not. He made sure I knew the difference between them.

Fill my responsibilities, do my chores, get good grades, no lying, cheating or fighting, no swearing, no sneaking, be kind to others, take care of the little kids, respect my elders, be courteous and polite; These things were in my parents will for me and I knew it when I was still very young.


I am very young spiritually. I am willing but still find places that I am very ignorant. He teaches me, as my father and mother did, what His will is here for me. I have come to see He showed us, when He came as Jesus, what His will is for us. I am seeing His love and His will are the same.


If you have seen the Son, you have seen the Father. Jesus did all those things because that is how God wanted it done. Why couldn't I see His will is that His love be manifested here.

When I pray with concerns for others I love and end now, "In Jesus name I ask these things. Your will be done", I say it with conviction and a glad heart, not as rote words of no meaning. I know He loves them more than I can and He built me to see it as I do. I have seen a need I can't meet for them, I bring it to Him. I am not afraid of Him. I don't tremble and grovel. I know that He loves me. That is my confidence. I am loved by Him. I love and respect Him, those are the human words. I adore Him and am mystified by Him. He amazes me almost daily.

When I ask, "Father will you help them?" I know that in His love He will. Yes, just because I asked it. That is our power of love here. To love enough to take it to Him in prayer.

It may not the way I would do it but I trust Him to do it better than I can think up. Half my problem is just learning to see His love His way. I am learning how to do it a little, I think. I have seen Him working here. I am so glad to see His touch on those I care for and I tell Him so.

He never stinted to show His love when one asked for it from Him. Even those who just believed were healed when they only touched him. His love is that powerful. He loves me. He loves those around me. He loves everyone of you.

When you trust that love, like taking a puppy with a hurt paw to be fixed, of course He will fix it. And my joy is He can do anything!

He can heal a life from beginning to end, He can mend a broken spirit. He can fill a dark heart with light and joy again. He can heal a little child or keep a tree standing in the wind. He can take a tree that falls and make a blessing of it. If we only bring it to Him, in His Loving Will, it can be dealt with by Him. For us He gave His life so we can live forever with Him. How can I not see His will is to Love?

I haven't got the words to say how much I am touched by this Love today. I can only thank Him for loving me and pray each of you will know Him.

No comments: