Friday, February 22, 2008

Men of God

Mark 15
40 Some women were watching from a distance. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses, and Salome. 41 In Galilee these women had followed him and cared for his needs. Many other women who had come up with him to Jerusalem were also there.

Exodus 25-
32 All who were willing, men and women alike, came and brought gold jewelry of all kinds:
brooches, earrings, rings and ornaments.
They all presented their gold as a wave offering to the LORD.

1 Samual 18-
6 When the men were returning home after David had killed the Philistine,
the women came out from all the towns of Israel to meet King Saul
with singing and dancing, with joyful songs and with tambourines and lutes.

Luke 23:
55 The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it.
*******
We watch, we follow, we give, we care for their needs. We love them for the men they are. Even when their paths bring them to places that tear our hearts, we will not leave them, they are ours.

When they succeed, we celebrate with them. When it seems they fail, we comfort them. We encourage them to try again or move on to the next deed. When they die we bury them in honor and love. We grieve and then move on, to live and love.

We are women of God, his daughters. Our strength is in His love. Our love is toward our our God in our hearts and spirits and then toward His men, our men.

Our men are the ones that follow Him. Our men are the ones that love and care for those smaller and weaker. They break trail for the younger ones and teach them to live in His love. They show a man, a strong man, believes He lives. They show the way to follow Him to the ones that come after them.

Our men are the ones that challenge the adversary where ever they find him. They don't just say, "That's not right", they do something about it. They are the Somebody's that do something, not the Nobody's that don't care.

You don't have to say, "Isn't anybody going to do something?" with strong men of God around. They are already doing it. They use strong words, strong hands, strong faith and touch the hearts around them.

Women that love God are the ones that learn to see God's men working. What we can do for them, we will, as we would do for Him. It's what He said to do -" unto the least of these, care for strangers, angels, unaware"...

The rib they say we came from protects the breath and the heart. We yearn to guard the hearts we used to lay over and keep the spirit, the breath of life, safe in the men of God, His sons.

It is not a burden. It is the way we love.

I will not bow to social rules. I am not a quiet, easily biddable woman. I can feed myself and others, I can ride and shoot to hunt. I can fish and yet I can still make a shirt or pants to warm or a scarf or a thing of beauty to enjoy. I love hard and deep, I sing, I ride, I have learned to love living again. I think, I like to communicate, to talk, to share.

I want men to walk beside that are strong and caring. Men whose hearts hear God. I don't want a man to lead around, I want a man to guide my path, a man of God to follow.

Men with caring hearts, courage to speak, ability to act, to laugh and cry and love with God - no, loving them is not a burden, it is a blessing.

Sometimes it seems like I have to wait for Him to grow them. Sometimes I see them coming soon. I also see some are here for Him already, with their women, and those I try to cheer on!

Men like that are the hope of the lost and the children. Without a man to stand up for them they may be lost to the lives they have - with no hope of better, more loving lives ever. To raise a strong man of God you have to have one to show them.

"Seek first the kingdom" - if you don't see it, do you do without it or do you begin to create it with (in) Him?(that was yesterday's question)

His kingdom come on earth can only come in hearts that love and care and are strong enough to say - "The Kingdom of God starts here, with me. I do His will, not mine. Where I stand, He IS."

So now I pray "In Jesus' name, God, I ask Your Will be done" and remember God is Love. May only Love be done in each life where I touch it for Him.

There is not enough love in me. I still want for myself and can only ask that He love them for me, the way I wish I could. I am just a human woman - but I know a good man when I see one and I know those that walk with Him. I pray and carry them in my heart to Him, the only one I know they are safe with.

It is not a burden to care for my brothers in Him. It is not a burden to love a man for Him, it is the way women of God love.

Do you have a place in your heart for the small and the hurt, the weak and the ill, the lonely and sad? Do you see the need and fill it? When you can't, don't you take it to Him? That is a heart of one of His people.

That's the kind of man I want for a friend here and the kind of spirit I know I will see there.

When there is no body and no gender I will still know the ones that are my friends.

They shine for Him.

No comments: