Monday, April 14, 2008

Again, with the judgement calls

It was a strange weekend with MUCH music and fun. It also included much prayer and a blessing on me by a man I had just met who asked if he could pray with me. It was ending with a drive home about 4:30 in the almost morning. The stars were beautiful.

I was coming into the first of the last two curves before home when I just said to my self, "It's, for crying out loud, 4 in the morning and I am going to be BAD! I'm taking this (poorly banked and almost dangerous) curve on the wrong side of the road - fast and low!"

I'm such an outlaw! Sometimes, when I have been so good it hurts, and there are times that is just the truth, it hurts to be good. I feel like I have to do something bad to feel human again. I thought this was one of those times.

I dropped down to the left, where the banking is good and edged the pedal down to speed up. Yup I was fast AND bad!

At least, I thought I was being bad....

Then, to my right, in the proper lane - where I should have been - I saw the big (emphasis on big!) carcass of the poor deer that didn't make it across the road. I would have hit it with just my left tires doing 45 (the posted speed) just past dead center of the curve.

I don't even want to do the math on it. I think it ends up with trees and ditches and upside down, like in the movies when they launch just two tires on the same side of a car.....So I thought I was yearning to be bad, but maybe I had just heard an angel whisper to me.

It was wrong to be in that lane by our rules. Breaking them kept me here again.

I give up. Coincidence is going OUT of my vocabulary. When even being bad is good who's to say what's bad or good? I can't anymore.

If you figure it out, let me know.... But I made it home safe with a smile on my face and watched for a car pulled over that overheated. I saw it and said a prayer for them, they were already rescued.

Life just gets too strange sometimes even for me. But I am grateful for the prayers that day and the smile I have when I think on this.

Do what is right for you, don't harm another, love where you can, pray where you can't love.

You can't call the shot good or bad until you see what you hit and you may never even know you were shooting. Sometimes just a smile at the right time can lift another heart up and save it and you were just hearing a good tune on the radio.

Dear Lord, aim it for me. I've got both eyes shut waiting for the boom!

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Well, by Miss T. Crane-Neeham had me wondering, but I guess even I figure out who else you are. ;)

Miss T. Crane-Neeham said...

Welcome, Sherlock!