Monday, April 21, 2008

To U, my thanks

Thank you that my heart hurt me. It showed me I can feel. Thank you that I cried. It showed me that I can love and grieve the loss. Thank you that I was sad. I knew I could be happy again if I can be sad. Thank you that I can care still, though it seems one did not show a care for me. I care. That is the important part. Not that anyone else cares. I can not change that, but that I care past the confusion and the hurt. I still care and love.

Thank you that there are those that care. Let me always find them here. Let me always see past what my eyes see to let the eyes of my heart find their light. Thank you for those that can see the light in me and let me shine as I am for you. They are rare and precious to me. Thank you that I see the many diverse ways we all shine and love.

Thank you for the joy that came to drive away the tears. That I can feel joy in my spirit again after the struggle of my year. Thank you for the comfort of knowing that I have been blessed to be a blessing, not a burden or a trial to those I have loved.

I loved that phrase. I read it today somewhere. Blessed to be a blessing. I have been a bane, a goad, a trial, a burden, an irritant, a motivator, a judge, a sad, bad and miserable story in some of the lives I've touched. But there are those that I am a good story in their lives. I have been blessed with being a blessing to many this year. I like it.

So many of them do not see the blessing they have been to me. My companions, confidants, encouragers and cheerleaders - all of them have lifted me up and kept me going. I do not like to think about the story I would have without them in my life.

Thank you for the ones who care and that I see I am one of them still. I care again. It means I hurt again. So thank you for the hurt I feel.

I feel. I hurt. I love. Thank you.

No comments: