Thursday, November 15, 2007

What am I holding?

By holding something in your hands you limit your ability to respond to the needs of a friend. If your hands are full you can't reach out an hand to a friend.

If you keep and hold all that comes to you to yourself you can't receive more. To keep your hands empty and ready for what he gives you to do you have to give what you have in them where it is needed. It has to be given to Him or to the one here He gave it to you for or used up.

I had full hands one day when a friend came to my door. I couldn't open it for them. I called out and said "You will have to open it yourself." What kind of greeting to a friend is that? What was I hanging on to? A cigarette and the phone. I had a friend who needed to talk, it wasn't just wasting time. But I could have put down the cigarette. I was just shocked at who had arrived and didn't think to do it. I ran right out to say hello come in, But I couldn't open the door.

I was holding a rock in one hand and a pot in the other when I saw the broken pot. I couldn't pick up what I needed until I put one of them down. That was the second thing he brought back to me Sunday and wanted me to write about.

I don't think I have it all right yet, but I share with you what I have and I will continue to pray about it.

Lord let me always have a hand to offer a friend, don't let them be too full of myself.

No comments: