Sunday, November 25, 2007

What stops the healing?

Luke006:006 And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered. 006:008 ... and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth. 006:010 And looking round about upon them all, he said unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

Jesus probably got tired of trying to even hope we would ever see like he does; The way his pure loving truth sees. I don't think he healed that hand, in his mind, He only changed it. He gave the man what that man saw as perfection; His heart's desire.

I think that, for God's plan in that life, and what he wanted from the man, the withered hand was perfect in God's eyes. That man's other arm was strong and his other hand did for two. He knew lots that most of us hadn't had to learn.

The one handed man learned to offer more than just a hand. He was probably very caring to others, over looking things that were social or physical "flaws" in them. I know he wanted that kindness from them.

He had to think things out and problem solve just to put on his shoes as a child. He would be handy to have around when something needed to be figured out.

Having one hand that doesn't work teaches you different learnings in life than those who seem to be all alike in a perfection you perceive to be desirable. I think the things you learn expand your mind and make your heart more understanding toward others who have things they don't see as perfection either.

I don't think Jesus saw the withered hand as needing healing in his eyes, but the man he loved was unhappy with it, so he gave him what he wanted, to be like everyone else.

It was His grace and mercy He gave. He knew that man could not see the gift so he changed it for him to what he wanted most in his heart then he could grow in faith that Jesus and God loved him. The glory of the miracle is still there. The man with the now perfect hand would go on to other learnings after having that changed for him.

A short one learns to climb and a tall one how to bend and duck, and between them they can teach what they have learned to a medium tall person who can use both solutions to get by.We can't all learn everything, we help each other out.

Measuring and judging that social way we are taught leaves us missing the point. We are perfect as he created us. It's hard to accept ourselves and love us just the way we are. But we are His creations.

The blind man had learned to listen as those that see can not. I am sure his friends came often to talk to him when they had a problem.

The large learn to be gentle and careful, the deaf learn to watch closely. If we saw the perfection in the gift we could all learn from each other how to love like he does.

I try to learn what he teaches me with my life and use it to help others to see that they are perfect in his eyes, and no other eyes count. I forget a lot when I am looking at myself.

I try to remember not to judge others or how they walk here, it is perfect in his eyes and his love does not lie. It's hard to let that judgement I have learned here stay in His hands.

He cares what we carry in our hearts. While we are here we are flesh and he fills those needs too. But he is always shooting right to your heart to teach us how to love Him and trust he knows what he is doing.

He wants us to love and be joy filled, that is the only thing he asks. So I stumble on the best I can and I ask he teaches me to see like him.

That I am perfect as I stand, in his eyes and his love, and so is each of you. If we were all alike and perfect according to social rules we might not seek the depths of understanding and learning that we do. We would not care so well for others who struggle here.We would not love so deeply.

A love that accepts each as perfect as they are; to be willing to reach out a hand to give others what they see they need, to show them how to see their own perfection in Him; To teach them that He lives now and we will always live with Him; I strive for that.

Love Him and trust he leads us, love the one you are with, they are what he has sent us and trusted us to love. Not for him, he loves all that is, but with him, joining together in love between all of us as we walk. That is part of my learning here.

So I try to see each one and compare them to no other. I learn to let myself be just what I am in truth. He knows the truth of me and so I may as well let it shine right out there.

I love. I live. I try to keep on loving every day. I get sad and lonely, too. I'm not a spirit yet. But I know he guides me and that I get all my love from him. I just try to share it where I can.

So the answer to "What stops the healing?" may truely be, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke." as another said.

No comments: