Monday, January 21, 2008

It's not me, it's Him

The view from here sometimes seems to fade into the fog. I can say what I am doing and I can say what I believe but I can't seem to see what comes next. I would like to find a way that leads others to believe and have peace in their lives. Right now I am working blind.


It is so clear to me that where I am is where I should be. It seems clear that the only way here was the path I held to. Eeven the parts I didn't like have proved to have a loving reason behind them. While looking ahead to the wall of fog, I know it's been clear behind me.


Moving when you have no sure sight of where to put your feet slows you down to double check you know where you are going. I'm checking and I'm praying but sometimes it seems very quiet in the fog.


There have been tasks brought to me that I have done, even thinking I was crazy as I did them. I have a glimpse of a task ahead that sent me running back to prayer. He has to be kidding.


But God, I can't do that. My faith is too small and I don't have the authority. I don't have the power. In prayer I see the authority He grants us each is Love. The power is never ours that creates life or heals it, that is His. The task He entrusts to each of us is simply to love with Him.


To give our love where He leads us and to give help where it's asked. To do what we see is needed to show others that He loves us and them. To love being able to help them and to offer what we can see, in our love, needs to be done and do it, if we can. He doesn't ask that we be mind readers or even that we have great faith, only that we don't leave undone what we could have given a hand to when we see it.

Where we see a need we can't meet then it is time to go to Him and ask Him to put His love to the situation. The power is always His. The love is His. The decision is His. But we can always ask Him to see it our way and know His power can change it.

By what authority do we invoke His power. Who said you could change a life here, even by one hour or event?

When asked by Pharisees what authority He had he made them acknowledge they believed it came from a higher power. They said, "We don't know".

I think that the answer is the authority of Love the Power, that "I Am" we call God. I saw, I cared, I want to help. If I can I do and if I still care but can't help then I pray. It is the only answer I have.

I have seen prayer work in my life and the lives around me to often to deny the power of it. Where it seems I have a line in the sand I fear to step over is to pray for others in their presence and calling on Him to bring the comfort or blessing that I see they think they need.

What if it fails? What if I have overstepped what is my place with Him? What if I lead someone, not just wrong, but to walk away from Him? Why would I even want to do something like that? Pray where my words are heard by others?

I believe He hears me. I have seen it over and over again. I believe He lives and loves and yearns for joy in each life here. Why will I not risk my little faith in front of others?

I believe it is fear that stops me at this line. I am working it through with Him. Nothing happens that he can not control it's beginning and it's results. If, in love, we show we believe to another it is in His power to make it right. That is all the faith I have to have. That, when we call it "In His will and the name of " that He will control what happens next to bring glory to the Father.


There may be no reaction as I pray, there may be no event to point to and say - that happened next. It may seem I have failed to help them. I am only human, that is what I expect to happen if I am blessing them myself. Nothing.


If I bring them to Him they are now His and it is His joy to love them. As that person walks their days I believe He will touch them in a way only they can see. It may be only they will know the power that is His love has touched their life.


I see I have brought others to him, I see that I care for them as a human. They say there have been changes in them that are good. It is not me that changed them. It was only me showing them what I believe and sending them to Him.


There is one I have known I have a task to do with them. There is another now that I believe I am being asked to do another for. I have been afraid. If I fail, I don't just look crazy and perhaps lose their friendship, I may lose them for Him was my largest fear. Losing even one He brings me is not what I want to talk about with Him when I get there.


Now I see that can't happen. It is never wrong to love. It is never wrong to care. It is only wrong to do what we need for ourselves to be happy instead of what is right for them. Perhaps what is right for them is to show them I believe, not in me, not in them, but in Him.


What I feel is right may not look like the most loving thing to them but if it's right between me and God then I have to try.

I am still afraid but I think the fog is lifting.

No comments: