Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Love calls to your heart

Today has gone from grey to blue skies again and back to clouds blocking the sun. It's cold enough to frost your cheeks in the bit of wind there is blowing but it looked so warm when the sun was shining.

I'm feeling today a little drifty, like a balloon tied to a tree. I am tugging to go where the wind drives me but seem anchored in some way. I don't know if that is good or bad, it is just how I feel. It's like my heart is being called to be somewhere and my body can't make the trip.

It may just be what I think of as being called to prayer. I can send my love but "I" have to stay where I am.

So I think of each I love like flipping through the pages of a book. There in my mind I see the faces of the ones who may need extra love today. There is always one there, my heart opening to that page from going to it so often, but today there is another coming to mind along with it.

Now this one is not as close to me as some and I am a little surprised. But I call the name to Jesus and ask His love and mercy to cover them. Then the other comes to me stronger. I ask mercy for them, too.

If somewhere they have thought of me as one who loves them and might help I send my love in answer to them by prayer to God until I can go myself or they get in touch.

Our love binds us together invisibly, His love keeps the power in the the connections. When you get a love call to your heart how can you not answer?

I don't even know why I shared this. It's just how I am feeling; Like something is happening somewhere and all I can do is pray to show I care.

No comments: